Sunday, January 6, 2008

Apparently, I Never Learn

I mentioned a few posts ago that I have been a bad blogger and knitter as of late, due to an unfortunate case of bilateral tendonitis. It seems that everything I really enjoy doing involves repetitive movements of my hands, arms, and wrists, and geez-- even if I can't get enough knitting, my body sure can. Well, I've been remedying the situation by seeing an excellent acupuncturist. After 3 measly (and intensely relaxing) sessions, I was able to resume many of the activities I missed doing-- knitting being the most important one.

Well, seeing as I regained the use of my arms so easily and holistically, I decided that it was high time for me to undertake a project I've wanted to knit for a very long time: an entire damn knitted blanket! The original pattern is for a baby blanket in an "Underwater" colour theme, but with some fudged mathematical equations (i.e.: Baby blanket x 3ish for length x 3ish for width= Big Blanket), and a fancy for the shades of autumn leaves, I am adapting the project to be big enough for Marty and I.

Well, I have made it through the first strip of the pattern and part of the second one (photos to be added later-- Marty must have taken the camera on his bike ride this morning). Already, it has become apparent that I am a complete and utter fool. The nagging soreness in my arms has returned, and if my poor wrists could talk, they would strongly tsk-tsk me, I'm sure of it. Their lecture would be something along the lines of: "I know that you're excited to start knitting again, but really-- would it maybe be sufficient to knit a pair of mittens instead of knitting 500 rows of blanket and weaving in the ends all in one sitting??" Heh. When you put it that way...

I will have to return to my sweet (and hopefully understanding) acupuncturist this Friday to start the healing process all over again. It's OK, though-- I completely enjoy the feeling of the needles in my forearms (and sometimes my feet and ears!), and it's even better when she does some roving cupping on my back and shoulder muscles-- I don't even mind the resulting (huge, dark, questionable-looking) hickeys that linger for nearly a week afterward...

3 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

have great week

knittinggrammy said...

Maybe your strip is too heavy on your arms.....just a thought but wishing you good ones to get better soon and keep on knitting!!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.