Thursday, March 1, 2007

Brain Sludge

This will be a short post today, as I'm kind of in a fog of disbelief.


I got offered a job this morning (yay! Pats on the back all around!), but now I'm starting to feel nervous. It's been a long time since I've worked anywhere, and even though I'm more than ready to get out of the house again (and also capable of doing the job I was offered), I'm also a bit scared! I'll be the only paid staff person in the whole organization. Plus, because I'll be working in the non-profit arena again (which explains the whole 'only one paid staff member' thing), I'll have to dust off my political activist hat and start keeping abreast of current affairs once more. That's not a bad thing, of course. I'm off to a good start, too: just this morning I agreed to be a radical cheerleader with an old friend from Calgary for International Women's Day. "1, 2, 3, 4-- we are women, hear us roar!" (I doubt that's how the cheers go... see how out of the loop I am?) Radical cheerleader? Yeah, right-- try 'Remedial'.


Other things that I find hard to believe today:

a) The Flames won a hockey game in a shootout last night... who knew the Flames could win in overtime? (or at all? Flames: My love for thee is fickle.)
b) It's snowing here in Victoria today, but the snow is falling so slowly. I've never seen such slow snow. It's like the flakes are suspended in honey.
c) The infamous socks are progressing, and it's almost certain now that the toes will need to be knit in a contrasting colour. The label said 420m-- don't believe her-- she lied, she lied!

7 comments:

Robin said...

congrats on the job, Dana!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, and I'm sure the NGO opportunity is better than the optometrist! Now send some good luck getting a job my way!

carmelclose said...

Congrats!! Does this mean no coming to town later this month?

Jasmine said...

Yay Dana!!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! They're so lucky to have you. Your socks look grand too.

Anonymous said...

3 things in "retroactive order"
A) Lily does sound like a tiger, not only surviving but showing the 3 month olds how the rolling is done. Go Lily!
B) I'm jealous of your blossoms, though Kamloops is not far behind. Your pictures are gorgeous too.
C) I LOVE the socks, toes or not and love that you got the job. We can be non-profit buddies except as the only paid staff I'm thinking you must have a responsibility or two...I may be glad I have an ED to hide under :) And not to worry, you'll be glowing in the swing of things in no time pointing and laughing at nervousness.

Wednesday L said...

1, 2, 3, 4, put on your hott pantts and KICK SOME ASS!!! And don't forget some nasstty vinly bodypaint handmarks for the boobs- being the only one in the office, I'm sure no one else will mind much...

Con SUPER gratulations, YO!

But yeah- job = no more coming through C-City?
My silver leather hott pantts will fade to grey if I don't see you soon- BOO!