Thursday, August 16, 2007

Flowers Gratefully Declined...

Well, in future posts, should I be remembering the loss of a loved one, I'll remember to put the date of death in BIG BOLD LETTERS so that I won't confuse anyone! Thank you to everyone who commented, e-mailed, and phoned me with condolences yesterday for the passing of my Baba... she actually passed away last year on August 15th, though-- not yesterday. Heheh! [she laughs nervously, like a proverbial boy after having cried wolf]. Like I say, I'll make sure to make that more clear if I ever post something similar!

My dearest Baba passed away last year when I was in Europe. It was such an alienating experience, because on one hand, I felt so far away, lonely, and disconnected, but on the other hand, I didn't feel I had the right to be upset over her death, seeing as she had suffered long enough in a nursing home before finally passing away. We tried hard in the Czech Republic to gain a sense of closure around her death-- Marty took me to a beautiful convent and we admired the beauty of it while reminiscing about my Baba. However, because we moved to Victoria soon after coming back from Europe, I still have not had the chance to visit her gravesite, and a small part of me still feels unsettled because of it. One day, I guess.

No comments: