Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love is in the Air

As with many things in my life, I have a love-hate relationship with Valentine’s Day.


Love: The romance! (even if it might be staged on this most commercial of days. WHO CARES?! )

Hate: Too commercial and corporate. Damn you, Hallmark!


Love: The chocolate!

Hate: Oh wait, I’m supposed to be ending my ongoing love affair with chocolate this year… crap.


Love: Sending Valentines to family and friends!

Hate: Buying into the Hallmark side of Valentine’s Day. Was too lazy to make my own this year, though. Excuses, excuses.


Love: Red and pink wherever you look! Red just happens to be my favourite colour.

Hate: Red and pink wherever you look. Seriously, people- enough is enough (says the girl with the hot-pink blog...)


Love: Our Valentines-esque curtain, comprised of the paper hearts Marty laid out like rose petals on our bedspread a few birthdays of mine ago. Each one says something he loves about me on it. Now, I love the way they flutter gently in our kitchen, a twinkling reminder of the one I love the best!




Hate: […]

(Who can follow up that deliciousness with something foul? Not me!)

*Dreamy sigh for the string of hearts curtain!*


I think Marty and I will have a spa night tonight to celebrate the ‘special occasion’. And no, this doesn’t mean mineral baths, seaweed wraps, hot stone massages, Enya, candlelight, or manicures and pedicures. Nope. On our budget, that means fun with Bioré nose strips. Oooh, exfoliation! How romantic!!


For those of us who are looking for love in all the wrong places (i.e. in the vast web of the 'world wide' variety), we can always check out the new Valentine's edition of Teen Girl Squad (my favourite!!). Inhabitat also has some suggestions for a green val-o-day, including the scandalous sounding 'sustainable skivvies'. Now there's something for the YCMTSU category!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the paper hearts curtain, not that I don't know Marty's a thoughtful romantic...

Secondly, I don't know if it's fair to say "camper vans are over-rated" if you own two. I could be wrong though.

Anonymous said...

Aaaawwww... Marty. And nosestrips. Funny! Thank you so much for the v-card. Hope you had a nosestrippy kind of day!

dana said...

Rose: to the contrary. I think owning two camper vans put me in the uniquely QUALIFIED position to say they are overrated. I should know! ;)

dana said...

putS